Limerick City Council
- Visiting Limerick
- Press releases
- Your Council
- Our Services
- City Library
- City Museum
- City Gallery of Art
- City Archives
- Emergency Services
- Contact us
- Roadworks/Road Closures
- Major Projects
- Strategies and Plans
- Car Free Day
- Limerick City Bicycle Parade
- Bus Routes
- Road Construction/Design/Maintenance
- Traffic Management
- Risk Management
- Transportation and Infrastructure Department, aims and objectives
- Transportation Publications
- Transportation Forms (Abnormal Load Permits, Residential Parking Permits & Road Opening Licences)
- Limerick Smarter Travel Route 2
- European Projects
- Roads Winter Service Plan 2013/2014
- NTA Regional Bicycle Share Scheme
- Proposed Extinguishment of Right of Way
The Traffic Management Department of Limerick City Council is located in:
Customer Services Department on the Ground Floor of City Hall, Merchants and
Customer Services Department on the Ground Floor of County Hall, Dooradoyle, Limerick.
It is open to the public Monday - Friday from 9.00 am - 5.00 pm.
The main areas of responsibility of the Department are:
- The processing of parking fines, reminders, summonses and appeals.
- Parking discs are available to purchase from the Cash Office and most retail outlets in the city.
Limerick City Council operates disc parking, two to four hours parking zones within the city. The Department has recently been installed with a new software system to process fines, reminders, summons, payments and appeals.
The Traffic Section of Limerick City Council is actively developing the implementation of an adaptive urban control system, which is intended to be in place within one year. The full scheme incorporating developed computer software will include the coordination of approximately 50 traffic signal junctions in the city with the expansion of bus priority facilities, remote monitoring of traffic signals at isolated junctions, parking guidance signs and active information signs.
A Limerick city traffic model has been developed through the Limerick Planning Land Use and Transportation Study. This model is being used to simulate traffic patterns in the city.
Roads Department (Maintenance, Safety Traffic and Public Lighting)
Phone: (061) 496575/496453
Fax: (061) 496005
Opening hours: Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm
Address: Roads Department (Maintenance, Safety Traffic and Public Lighting)