Alms Houses

A

Local Studies Files, main page

     

    Photos of Corporation (Hall’s) & Villiers Alms Houses, Limerick Corporation Development Plan, 1981
    The Villiers Alms Houses, The History of Limerick by Seán Spellissy, p153
    Extracts from The Building of Limerick by Judith Hill re Jeremy Hall, pp.45 & 182
    Dr Jeremy Hall Endowed Schools, Limerick by Michael Quane, North Munster Antiquarian Journal, 1968, pp 47-56
    References to ‘Alms’ in Limerick City Trades Directories 1769-1891 (from database)
    Should the Widows’ Alms Houses be demolished?, Limerick Leader 14/4/1973, p12
    Alms Houses lose almshouse label, Limerick Leader 11/9/1976, p8
    Villiers Alms Houses sketch in Glimpses of Old Limerick column, Limerick Leader 14/10/1981
    Photograph of Villers Alms Houses extracted from poster marking publication of the Architectural Heritage of Limerick, 2008
    Alms houses without water or light, Limerick Leader 28/3/1962, p1
    No light for the lonely widows, Limerick Leader 4/4/1962, p1
    Almshouse widows will have light, Limerick Leader 7/4/1962, p1
    Great day for the widows, Limerick Leader 16/4/1962, p1
    Article on Dr Hall’s Alms Houses in Out of the Past column by Robert Herbert, Limerick Leader 7/11/1956, p3

    A

    Local Studies Files, main page

    

    Last update:10/10/2018

    Translate

    Feedback