Limerick City Council
- Visiting Limerick
- Press releases
- Your Council
- Our Services
- City Library
- City Museum
- City Gallery of Art
- City Archives
- Emergency Services
- Contact us
Human Resources Department
Limerick City & County Councils are seeking to appoint Traffic Wardens to implement traffic management functions in Limerick City and its environs initially.
Traffic Wardens must
- be personable, enthusiastic and have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- have a standard of education sufficient to enable him/her efficiently carry out the assigned duties and as a minimum a Junior Certificate or equivalent standard in English
- be able to use Information Communication Technology (ICT) in a work context
- be in possession of a current full driving licence (Class B)
- have a flexible approach to working hours as this position may require the successful candidate to work evenings, nights and at the weekend.
- have a satisfactory knowledge and understanding of Limerick City Council Parking Places Bye-Laws including, Disc Parking Regulations and/or Road Traffic Acts, and any other appropriate Acts and Regulations and Parking Control Bye-Laws.
Salary: €492.99 per week
The closing date for receipt of completed application forms is Thursday March 7th 2013
The Application Form (104 Kb) and Briefing Document (31 Kb) are also available on the local government website www.localgovernmentjobs.ie; www.findajob.ie and www.jobsearch.ie and also from the Human Resources Department, Limerick City Council Tel: 061-407124 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates may be short listed on the basis of qualifications and experience
Limerick City & County Council is an equal opportunities employer.